GREENSocial is a free community networking hub for members, organizations, sustainable brands, schools, nonprofit, and green advocates to interact, collaborate, share ideas, images, videos, audio or any other creative projects and environmental campaigns. FAQs will continuously be updated as we get questions from other members.
- Family-safe content or sharing of information are allowed via posting of messages and uploading of images/videos/audio, which means that adult-mature-pornography content are not permitted and may result to deletion or suspension of the member’s account.
- As a community, we encourage positive and constructive sharing of ideas or feedback. We discourage negative or offensive remarks/content to demean or dehumanize people or an organization.
- We welcome suggestions on how we can improve the site further.
Frequently Asked Questions:
NEW! How can I translate the site into my own language?
- You will find the Google Translate sidebar at the top. You have the option to turn off the translation.
How do I post an update or message on my profile?
- Go to the ‘ACTIVITY‘ tab on your profile page when you’re logged-in, type your message inside the box and click Post Update.
How do I upload a photo, video or music/audio?
- For Photo or Music/audio upload: Go to the ‘MEDIA‘ tab on your profile page when you’re logged-in, choose Upload > Drop files or Select files to upload. *Please take note of copyright when uploading photos, videos, music/audio. (Maximum photo size 500px. Music/audio may not upload if it’s a big file size, please contact generationgreen.tv if this happens.
- For Video upload: Go to ‘ACTIVITY‘ tab on your profile page when you’re logged-in, type your description of the video or what it is about and place the video link from youtube or vimeo underneath your text description.
What are ‘Albums’ under Media tab?
- Albums are a compilation of your photos, videos or music/audio.
I’m a new user, how do I access my account?
- Click on the email ACTIVATION after you sign-up. Then LOGIN, there’s a dropdown under your name (on the top-right-hand corner) showing PROFILE, ACCOUNT, & LOGOUT. Go to ACCOUNT to explore your Green Profile page and make new friends.
How do I accept new friends?
- When logged-in to your ACCOUNT, go to FRIENDS tab> then click on REQUESTS and accept new friends.
How do I gain new friends?
- See the ‘Newest’, ‘Active’ & ‘Popular’ members and ADD them as friends.
How do I Create a Group?
- Click on this link Create a Group. Make sure to add a photo and description of the group. Post activity updates, photos, videos, and other related content for your group.
How do I submit a post, article, or information about my project, sustainable brand, organization, or event?
- Click on this link Green Directory. Then add your brand, organization, or event.
How do I submit a nomination for Green Champion or how do I get featured as a green champion?
- Click on this link Green Champions. Just complete and submit the form to contact us.
How can I participate as a Volunteer for GenerationGreen.TV?
- Simply contact generationgreen.tv, we will be glad to have more ‘green’ hands spreading environmental awareness.
What is a GREENScore?
- GREENScore is a social-activity based performance scoring designed for the GREENSocial community to encourage participation, sharing of information/ideas, and inspiring others while spreading environmental awareness. You get points as you make new friends, interact, share, write, comment, create or join a group.
How can I improve my GREENScore and Ranking?
- Click on this link GREENScore guide.